Keeping in touch and how you can help
Posted on March 25, 2020
The Isle of Wight Zoo Is Now Temporarily Closed Until Further Notice
We might be closed but our staff and animals are still here and looking forward to your return. We know we are missing you, so in order to help you to stay in touch with us why not join us on Facebook every day at 2pm for a keeper update on all our residents here at the Zoo. We hope to start this from 26th March!
We also have one more very exciting announcement to make to help your Big Cat and other animal cravings! Watch this space for this to be unveiled tomorrow!
Many of you have asked us how you can help. It doesn't have to be expensive - just a comment on our Facebook posts show us you care, but if you are able to do a little more, you can support us in the following ways:
- Donate Money: crowdfunder.co.uk/wildheart-trust
- Donate money directly:
- Name: Wildheart Trust Collections Account
- Sort code: 54-41-31
- Account No: 49641158
- Use this website to:
- Buy an animal experience to do later in the year
- Become a member and join us on our journey once we reopen (memberships will be dated from the day we reopen)
- Go to our online shop and adopt one of our Big Cats (this gives you the added bonus of a ticket to see us once this period of uncertainty is over)
- Drop off something from the list below into our hut outside the zoo whilst on your weekly shopping trip (please do not make a special trip for this)
- Fruit & Veg
- Tinned food- fruit/ cat food
- Peanut butter
- Frozen peas
- Frozen sweetcorn
- Follow us on social media and make comments – we are reading them all; and your support, and solidarity is important to us at this time as we really miss you all already!
From all of us at the Isle of Wight Zoo, we wish you well; look after each other, love your local wildlife, and we hope to see you soon.